Saturday, March 10, 2012

Twist n' Curl

My partner in crime admiring my 'do


I tried a new hairstyle this weekend.  Well, not really new but a variation on my usual twist out.  I did a twist and curl using rods.  I wore my small twists for 2 whole weeks!  Yes they were a little frizzy toward the end and I was afraid my twist out this weekend wouldn't look good but lo and behold.  My sister loaned me some rods which I decided to use for a twist and curl.  So the night before I undid my twists, I re-moisturized with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and I curled my twists up to about 2/3 of the length (I wanted a little bit of hang-time and not just a curly fro).  I did about 3 twists per rod mostly because I didn't have enough for my head.  Even then I didn't have enough so being the resourceful person I am, I decided to use aluminum foil which worked just as well as the rods. I used the foil like you would a flexirod: form a rod shape with it and wrap the hair around it and then just bend both ends to secure... easy.
rods for twist and curl
Rods made from aluminum foil (worked just as well as the rods above)



 The look I got is below.  I liked this variation from my usual twist out because sometimes with my twist out after I've worn the twists for awhile, the ends look stringy and curling the ends help with that.  One drawback is that my hair is so curled that it appears quite a bit shorter than it is with my usual twist out.  It has more volume but less hang and that just comes with the style.


No comments:

Post a Comment