Thursday, March 22, 2012

Twist and Curl (2)

I redid my twist and curl but it came out with a little more twist than curl.  I used the same technique I used last time.  I curled my 1 week old twists around curling rods and used aluminum foil to supplement (see my original Twist and Curl post).  I used Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie to re-moisturize my twists and sealed with castor oil.  Oh yeah, I also trimmed my ends while in twists about 2 days prior.  More on that later.  Above is the result.  I'm still experimenting with this style to find the perfect outcome.  This time, I have not unraveled my twists further than untwisting them to see if I could get the look to last longer/less frizz.  I also used coconut oil on my fingers while undoing the twists. Then I loosely tied them down for a few minutes so there is less volume than last time. However, my hair is soft and moisturized and looks nice and shiny.I will unravel the twist outs more to create more volume in a day or so and I will post those pictures then.
Hope you guys like, I will keep working on this one :)

Above is a video I did about undoing twists.  Sounds simple enough right?  Well, like I mentioned in the video, I was having some issues with my hair snapping, tangling and snagging while I was undoing my twists, probably because I was impatient.  So peep my (very brief) tutorial below about how to undo twists with minimal damage and minimal frizz.

No comments:

Post a Comment