Friday, March 23, 2012

THE CUTENESS!!

OK, so this was just too CUTE not to post about.  I live in an apartment complex and just next door to me moved in an entire family of latinos/latinas.  There are what looks like twin girls about 4 years old and as percocious as ever!  I'm always out walking my dog and they always stop me and want to pet my dog and often see me from their patio as I"m walking by and yell hi.
Anyway, today, I had just woken from a nap (yep, I slept on my twist-out turned afro).  I woke up realized I was in a time crunch, fluffed my hair out a bit and took my little doggie out for potty-time and I see one of the little girls out on the balcony with who I believe to be her mom.  And this is the dialogue
The pic I promised of my hair on Day two:
Little girl to me:  HIII!!!
Me: Hey
Little Girl:  I LIKE YOUR HAIR!
Me: Thanks
Little girl to her mom: I love afros
[... wait a minute.  Did I hear right? I thought that's what she said but wasn't sure.]
[Little Girl's Mom says something I cannot hear]
Little girl repeating to her mom: I mean I loooo-ooove Afros!!

The cuteness!!  It made me laugh, because I heard it loud and clear the second time even though she was talking to her mom and not me.  And I was wondering, "What does this little girl know about afro's anyway?"  But clearly she's seen enough to know she likes them.  She has low back length long silky hair by the way so she doesn't have afro-American hair herself.  I hope that if I am blessed one day with a little girl, that she will feel the same way about my hair and her own whatever texture it may be and be immune to any negativity that may come her way re: her hair. 
Well that was the little highlight of my day and I had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment