Saturday, April 7, 2012

Natural Moments

Recycled picture of my sis Sonya


I went out with a coworker who rocks straight sleek relaxed hair.  I had my twist updo in as usual.  As we walked out of the building, we felt a slight drizzle.  “Oh my hair!” she exclaims covering her hair with her hands.  And that’s when I offered her my umbrella and realized I just had a natural hair moment.

My boyfriend and I can sit and waste almost an entire day looking at pictures of fellow naturals on tumblr.  And he has an opinion on every hairstyle.  He went off the other day on a whole soliloquy about TWA’s.

I live in perpetual dread of “wash day”.  Almost an entire day spent doing stuff to my hair … (shudder)

The other day, my boyfriend came across my written day to day to-do list pertaining to nothing but my hair.  He notices my hair is still in twists and  proceeds to lecture me saying, “According to your written schedule, today is supposed to be an ‘out’ day.  You’re a day behind!”.   He was right, I had gotten too lazy to take down my twists and my whole “hair schedule” was thrown off.

I often find lint, dog fur, twigs and other unrecognizable objects in my hair.

I literally cringe whenever I hear someone use the words “good hair”

My friend who has always been the same height as me said the other day, “I’m trying to figure our how come you’re all of a sudden taller than me”  We both pondered it for a minute and simultaneously came to the realization that it was my hair that made me look a full inch taller!




No comments:

Post a Comment