Thursday, April 26, 2012

Music Video and DC Recipe

Hey Curlies

It's been awhile.  I've been busy busy busy but my blog is back in rotation.  My first post is going to be the video below featuring one of my fave bloggers who I've been following for awhile.  She is a fellow naturalista and wears her hair with such pride, it's inspiring.  Not to mention, I like to support up and coming artists and I actually like this rap song and video.  And oh yeah, a rap video that depicts black women in a beautiful respectful way?  Rare.  A rap video that shows a woman with natural hair, almost unheard of.  So check it out below.  And check out Alex at.www.thegoodhairblog.com

Also, as I am typing, I am deep conditioning my hair with a recipe she shared on her blog.  I will post the recipe below.  For my conditioner of choice, I'm using Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor.  I'll let you guys know how it goes but so far so good.

6 oz of your favorite conditioner

1 cracked egg (use the whole egg)
4 tspn of honey
4 tbspn of vegetable glycerin
1 oz of Jamaican Black Castor Oil
10 drops of vanilla (for scent, smells YUMMY)
2 oz of Vatika Oil
1 tbspn of Raw Shea Butter, melted





No comments:

Post a Comment