Saturday, December 8, 2012

Humidity!

I had gotten a little over-excited because the weather was changing from hot and humid to cool and dry.  I was wearing my hair out for days on end with no consequences.  But then I woke up from my dream and realized it's Florida and the humidity would soon return and return it did.  It's so frustrating.  Everytime I walk out of my house with my hair out, dry and perfectly coiffed only for it to turn damp, shrunken and frizzy within seconds (yes, seconds...I'm not exaggerating!), I threaten to move away.  It's THAT serious!

I decided Thursday to do something I don't normally do which is take my hair out of the twists and wear it out to work.  Little did I know it had rained the night before and it was wet, damp and humid outside.  If I'd known this I would have at least taken a before picture for you guys.  Needless to say, I had to grab a few hairpins on my way out the door and do an impromptu updo in an attempt to not to go work looking like a crazy lioness (and give my boss a heart attack).  Here is said updo:

A little crazy but not nearly as bad as it could have been.
Later than evening after work I took down my pin-up and this is the result

I salvaged some of the curls but now my hair refused to fall flat.  I was really feeling my bangs though!
 Then I started unpacking and came across my favorite headband
Anyway, I hope wherever you guys are, you are having good hair weather.  I'm gonna pin this baby back up and pray for dry weather again so I can wear my hair out instead of in boring twists :/

I'll keep you guys posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment