Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Product Review: Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Curl Definer


I wanted to do a quick review of Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Curl Definer.  First I'll tell you guys how I got to try this product.  I spent the weekend out of town celebrating my nephew's first birthday and stayed with my mom while I was there.  She had this product, the bottle was almost finished but she had bought it to combat dryness and brittleness that she had been having some trouble with.  It was recommended to her by a friend who swore by it.
Well, I wore a twist out half-updo for the party and that night I tied it down and went to bed.  As usual, I woke up and my twist out was dry and looking crazy... a lot of the curl definition was gone and I was supposed to go to church that day.  I almost canceled my plans for church but thought it would be an abomination to skip church because of my hair so I decided to see if I could work some magic.  Mind you, I hadn't brought any products or accessories with me.  All I had were a couple of bobby pins and that's it.  So I decided to search my mom's bathroom where I found the last bit of the Hair Milk and a half finished jar of S-Curl Activator gel.  Bingo!
I slightly dampened my hair and put a wee little bit of the Activator gel on my hair with minimal result.  Now the Activator gel when used liberally does add shine and curl definition to my hair but I did not want to slather my hair with it as it leaves my hair all gooey and wet and makes me want to wash it.  So I reached for the hair milk and put some in my palm.  I immediately noticed the thick consistency which I wasn't expecting from a product referred to as "milk" since milk is kind of runny and watery.  So I was glad for the thickness, but even more than that, I was glad for the smell.  It smells divine!.. I sensed a hint of peppermint.  I put it through my hair and saw my curls come back to life, all the shine return to my hair.  It also made my hair soooo soft and fluffy! 
The effects lasted for 2 days because that night I simply put my hair in about 4 large plaits and removed them in the  morning for my puff and my hair was still super soft, moisturized and fluffy.  And still can't get over the smell. 

I wish I had a before picture, then you would see how jacked up my hair looked and what a miracle it was that I got it to look like this just by adding some product but it basically went from "I would never leave my house looking like this" to this (above).
Now the only downside is the price.  My mom bought the 10 oz bottle for $20 at Sephora.  I was thisclose to going ahead and buying it myself but I had to restrain myself as I already have a few products at home that I'm trying to finish up before I buy anything else.  Also I am on a really tight budget these days so I have to control the product junkie in me.  But I do plan to buy the bottle once I run out of my other stuff and see how it does long term.  I definitely recommend it!
FYI: They also have the hair milk conditioner and shampoo which don't seem to have gotten as good reviews as the curl definer. 

Ingredient List is Below

Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Beeswax, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Sodium Bicarbonate, Xanthan Gum, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum).

No comments:

Post a Comment