Friday, January 13, 2012

Hairstyles

I'm all about finding new hairstyles.  Gimme more more more hairstyles and I assume you naturalistas want the same.  No matter your hair length.. there are plenty of styles out there and sometimes we just need something to jog our imagination.
As for me, my hair has just recently reached a length where I can pull it into a ponytail/bun ... with the help of a headband and a few hairpins of course.  I have just enough hair left over to tuck and it's not the best bun ever, but it's a simple easy hairstyle that I can do while my hair is in twists or loose.


I also recently saw a tutorial on urbanbushbabes.com for doing one of Cipriana's famous updo's.  Her hair is super long but don't let that discourage you.  With a little tweaking you can make the same hairstyle on shorter hair.  I plan to try it soon and I will let you guys know how it goes.  Check out the tutorial for Cipriana's "Neffertiti high-top" here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZNTk72o9Z8&feature=player_detailpage
If you are in the TWA stage and can't do an updo just yet, worry  not.  Your hair will get there with TLC and patience.  There are plenty of tutorials on youtube featuring wash 'n' goes and twist-outs for shorter hair.  Stay tuned, more to come!






No comments:

Post a Comment