Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Friday, Naturalistas!

I am having an awesome day today.  I've learned that if you want to have a good day, you have to make it!  Sitting around waiting for pleasant adventures to come my way has never worked out for me.  So today, I needed a little pick me up and just my luck: I have half day Fridays! I figure I should take advantage as all good things must come an end and I may be back to a regular work schedule very soon.
So after work I was starving because I'd forgotten my usual snack (I absolutely must eat every 2-3 hours!)  My mouth was watering for some Jamaican food, so I drove a quarter mile to the conveniently located Island Basket in Lake Worth, FL and got me some curry goat with rice and peas and cabbage.  It took a lot of will-power for me to not eat it then and there because it smelled unbelievable but I drove downtown since it's a nice cool day and sat outside on a park bench.  The weather today has been cool and breezy and that much more breezy because I was right by the beach.  I then proceeded to devour that curry goat!  I'm sure people were walking by and looking at me like "damn, she must have not eaten for days!" but I don't care.  I had a total food-gasm... several actually!
I then stayed right there on my park bench outside and like the nerd that I am got fully engrossed in a book after which I did some window shopping and headed home.  On the way back, my eye caught a Salvation Army (I love the Salvation Army).  Now I'm not a regular thrifter but I have found some good buys in the thrift store.  However, if I walk in and it's a disorganized mess or there is even the faintest smell of mustiness, I'm immediately turned off which is probably what turns me off from thrifting more regularly.  But I hadn't been to this particular store before so I went in and to my pleasant surprise it was neat and clean and well organized and even smelled relatively decent.  I was in heaven!
  I sifted through some things and came across this section in the corner called "The Boutique" so I headed over and they had some decent things.  They had a beautiful Cinderalla dress for $14.99 which I was tempted to buy but resisted on the basis that I couldn't think of a single place I'd wear it to.  I then came across this dress (pictured above) that I immediately wanted to buy.  I call it the "Minnie Mouse dress".  I have to admit to having a girly cutesy side to my style so the cuteness of this dress was definitely appealing.  I also bought a top from Free People and an American Outfitters sweater for a total of $17.00!
I left happy and came home to blog about it.  And that's my day so far!  Whew.  I hope you all had an equally good (if not better) Friday than me.  I'm off to eat what's remaining of my curry goat.  Yum!

1 comment: