Sunday, May 19, 2013

"Chillin' with no make up on... that's when you're the prettiest" - Drake


"We're just ordinary people", isn't that what the song says?  We spend a lot of time trying NOT to look ordinary though.

The only place I've gone lately without even an ounce of makeup on is the gym.  The main reason is because I've had issues with my skin breaking out and leaving dark spots.  Yes, I'm putting that out there for the world.  What they hell!  We're all human with flaws right?
I always go to the gym without makeup.  Lately I kind of walk in with my chest high but I secretly hope I don't see anyone I know.  Well the other day, I did.  I ran into a guy who I used to work with who always had a not-so-secret crush on me.  When I spotted him, my instinct was to run.  But I held my chest high again, stopped and chatted.  To my surprise he told me how good I look and proceeded to try to convince me to let him take me to lunch.  (He knows I'm in a relationship by the way).
Why do women wear makeup?  I don't know.  We feel like out lashes need be longer, our eyes have to "pop", our lips should be glossy, our eyebrows should be filled in and our eyelashes should be longer and fuller.  I know I do.  And that's all great.  I love to get made up.  But when was the last time you took a good long look at the way you really look without all that.  It's definitely a confidence booster to take a good long look at yourself and focus on the things you LIKE... not your flaws.  In my opinion, people generally look younger without makeup up to a certain age. 
Anyway, yesterday I was just chilling at home, no makeup just hanging out.  And I happened to glance in the mirror and realize that I actually like how I look without makeup.  There's something about that clean, "This is me" look.  Yes, I look plain as can be but I feel like ME.  I spent most of the day makeup free, but then I got ready to go the movies and without thinking about it reverted to my natural instinct to put makeup on.  Anyway, I love seeing stars without makeup.  It reminds us that they're everyday people just like you and me.  No glam, just somebody I could imagine being friends with.  And I think most times they are quite beautiful.

Think about it.  Would you change your Facebook profile picture to be a "naked" close-up of you? 



I think Kim Kardashian is still quite gorgeous without makeup
All Beyonce needs a smile!

She looks so young without makeup!

She looks like the girl next door.... with glowing skin

No comments:

Post a Comment