Monday, August 29, 2011

interviews and such

 I had an informal pseudo-job interview today and naturally I was worried about my hair and how I could make it professional.  I decided on my go-to afro-puff, neatly groomed and slicked back as far as it can go considering my hair length.  I went ahead and did an impromptu twist out.  They were large, kinda sloppy twists because I was feeling lazy and crunched for time considering this is the day of the interview.  I only did the twists to kinda stretch the hair and maybe give some definition to my afro-puff.  I usually leave my twists in overnight at least but today I didn't.  When I took the twists out I actually liked the chunky twist out look.  The curls weren't super-defined since I did them kind of big and didn't leave them in for long but somehow it was kind of cute.  I thought about braving it and wearing my hair out in my chunky twist out to the interview.  I knew it was a risk and not something I normally try.
I got dressed, put on my makeup and by that time, it was too late to try to change my hairstyle anyway.  And I still liked it.  Even if it didn't look 100% super professional, the rest of my look did.  I made sure my clothes were perfectly pressed and put together.  I'd say it's a success.  I didn't feel self-conscious about it like I normally would and no one stared at my hair and or scoffed at it so I don't think I got any points off for having messy hair.  I think it looked kinda cool.  This is a step forward in my hair journey.  I think I'm getting more confident in flaunting my kinky hair in all kinds of company.  Kudos for me  :)

See pictures below.




No comments:

Post a Comment