Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Let's talk length/texture!

Let's face it. Length and texture is important to some of us although I contend that the most important thing is health. I do agree texture is important because it gives you an idea of what your hair will and will not do. For those looking to emulate some of my techniques, hairstyles and hair care advice, it might help to know whether I have a hair type that is similar to yours first. Although I don't believe in the hair typing system, I assume most would say I have type 4 hair. It is extremely thick and prone to frizz and shrinkage. All this combined makes it a challenge to manage at times, but I'm up for the challenge as you can see.

My hair is also a mousy brown color. I"ve been lusting over black luscious shiny locks lately but realize that part of being natural is embracing everything about your hair, right? I do not judge anyone who chooses to color their hair, I have toyed with the idea myself. But because my goal is health, and knowing how prone my hair is to damage, I don't want to take the chance.


This is the length of my hair. I don't measure, so I don't know how many inches but this should give you an idea of how long my hair is. I will post pictures and tutorials of hairstyles and hair care tips for all hair lengths however. Freshly big chopped, to TWA's to BAA'a (big ass afros) to... whatever.

So fellow naturalistas, stay tuned for what's to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment