Saturday, October 13, 2012

"Hair" We Go Again

I took my twists out after 5 weeks of having them in. I was getting really antsy to remove them as I tend to do whenever I get my hair braided or twisted. They were also frizzy and starting to look messy. I was originally aiming for 8 weeks. Then, I thought maybe I could go 6 weeks. But, alas, it was time. Well, it was a much needed break. A break I needed from dealing with my hair and the break it needed from dealing with me. I'm kind of excited about my hair again. I'm hitting milestones so I know I'm progressing. My hair is past my shoulders now and can do a decent bun all on its own without the help of headbands and a million hairpins. It should be a little more low maintenance from here. Oh and to address one thing. I had posed the question in a previous post as to whether the trauma and manipulation of installing twists and braids is worth the period of low manipulation. My hair suffered some real trauma, I can see the places where it's broken and frayed from rough handling at the hands of the person who did my hair. What can I say, even I lack the patience sometimes to handle my hair gently so I certainly can't expect someone with nothing invested in keeping my hair healthy to have the patience. It's one of the reasons I choose to have my hair done only once a year at most. That and the fact that I realize I'm really not a fan of long hair. That's why I get so antsy to remove them. All that hair (hair that didn't grow out of my head at that) all over me just makes me cranky sometimes!
Anyway, I'm excited again about my big wild crazy hair. I'm gonna try to take really good care of it so it'll be healthy and strong again.

No comments:

Post a Comment