Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Work Hair



From time to time, I have and will continue to post pictures of work hairstyles that I come up with that look professional in the workplace and are also low manipulation/low maintenance and attractive.  The reason I do this is to disprove the myth that natural hair cannot be professional.  Yes, it's a challenge in the shorter stages because there really isn't much  to work with.  There is a very limited array of styles you can do with a TWA for instance in regards to up-dos and the like but I made it through that stage unscathed as well.  For those of you with hair long enough to do an updo, this is s style I kind of threw together last minute that I will definitely be trying to recreate in the future.  
This updo is done on a four day twist-out, (actually parts of the front are still twisted).  These pictures are taken from my second day rocking this updo.  I just tied it down the night before and it was still intact the next morning!
I basically left some of the front out to sweep to the side and pin.  The back half of what's left I loosely twisted upward and secured.  Then the top half I twisted downward to meet the bottom half and secured that too.  I tucked loose ends and smoothed the edges and voila!
 As you can see it's secured with bear claw aka butterfly clips. You can use hairpins too but I find hairpins are no match for my hair because it's so thick.  I have an easier time with these clips and it's more likely to stay put.  Also, using a lot of hairpins can break my hair if I'm not extremely cautious.

This is the view from the top.  I found this hairstyle very low maintenance.  As you can see it's very loose.  No pulling at your edges or giving you tension headaches.  And I got loads of compliments on it.  Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment