Sunday, July 29, 2012

Night Out, Big Hair and Ta-Ta's


I went out last night to downtown Delray Beach (if you're from South Florida you should be familiar) to a place called 75 Main.  It's a pretty happening place but a bit of hike from where I live.  Anyway, I was invited out by friends to a restaurant I had never been.  They had a few things going on last night that you will see and read about below but it was definitely an interesting night.  And, I have to admit I don't often see many naturals around in South Florida.  The culture here in South Florida doesn't lend much to big wild kinky/curly hair but last night I was impressed to see quite a few natural haired ladies really representing... gorgeous hair!  I had a hair crush for instance on the lead singer in the band.  She reminded me of Corinne Bailey Rae from her jazzy soulful singing to her big hair, to her petite frame and even her features.  Photos are below.



Me and the Corinne Bailey Rae look-alike AKA Moonchild
The band

I was totally hair crushing on this other lady here as well but didn't get any photos with her

Oh yeah, the manager of the place is also natural and was rocking a blown out fro that was just beautiful.  No pics of her unfortunately. 

Hold up, wait a minute!  Did I forget to mention the burlesque dancer??  Oh it was a wild night!  i certainly was not expecting to see any ta-ta's last night but there you have it.  






"So what about my hair?" you may be asking.  Well as you can see my hair was in a boring ol' bun... it was that kind of night.  I actually got ready in 15 minutes for this event and my hair was looking all kinds of crazy so I just had to pull it up in a bun with some loose pieces around the sides for a touch of elegance.  It was alright I guess.  But these ladies inspired me to step up my hair game.  You can read about what's been going on with my hair and how I intend to get it right in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment