Saturday, January 31, 2015

My Hair (Update)


This is what my hair has been doing lately.  I know it's been awhile, and honestly I kind of hit a road block with my hair hence why the blogging screeched to a halt.  All my passion and love for  my hair kind of dissipated and taking care of it was just another chore on my list.  I felt hypocritical to blog about loving your natural hair when I wasn't loving mine or give advice on how to make your hair thrive when mine wasn't thriving.  But I"m back!!.
I honestly thought about Big Chopping again and starting over, and I thought about getting dreads.  But I've decided to stick with it.  For a long time, I had stopped protective styling.  Mostly because of laziness and also because I felt bored with it but I've decided to go back to basics and start protective styling again and try to revive my passion for natural hair.  I don't have a choice because it's mine, there's nothing I'm going to do to change it and I'm definitely not going back to chemicals so I might as well embrace it.  I'm going back to the things I used to do to nurture my hair and trying to nurture my body too.  All my yoga-ing and meditating and exercising and trying to eat well are all part of the same goal: to take care of myself, be healthy and learn to love the things I cannot change.  So natural hair, I LOVE you!  You are mine, all mine.  I love our frustrating moments and proud moments and big bouncy moments and frizzy tangled shrunken up moments equally.

Yours truly, ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment