Sunday, January 26, 2014

The versatility of natural hair

So over the course of last week, I have rocked over 4 different looks with my hair.  And that's just in a week! Plus I have a whole repertoire of updos that I didn't even get into at all this past week!  When I had relaxed hair, I had like 2 styles total.  I mostly wore the same hairstyle everyday.  I had limitations in length and just the straight texture that made certain styles impossible but most of my limitations were due to length.  Now I'm not speaking for everyone because I realize that many black ladies who are relaxed have a multitude of looks that they use weaves and wigs to achieve.  But for those like me who just never got into the wigs and weaves, my hair was pretty boring. 

With all the challenges of caring for natural type 4 hair, it's always nice to focus on the positives and this is one of them.  Happy Sunday naturalistas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment