Saturday, March 2, 2013

My "Juice Cleanse"

My bf and I watched the documentary "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" and decided to try a juice cleanse after hearing all the raving about how healthy and energetic people felt by doing it.  Today is my first day doing it and so far it's already everything I expected: crazy cravings, slightly upset stomach, and just a lot eating foods that are either bland at best or just plain yucky at worst.  But otherwise, it's not that bad.


We decided to do what may be a less strict version of the cleanse.  We juice several times a day but otherwise we eat only non-processed fresh fruits, vegetables and we've even made allowance for nuts but without any flavoring, just raw and natural.  So far today, I had a juice for breakfast, a banana as a snack, a salad with sliced avocados for lunch, baby carrots and a banana for snack, steamed cabbage and boiled plantains for dinner and more juice to come.  All this with no dressing, seasoning, enhancements... just plan raw fruits and a veggies.  I'm proud of myself for doing it but boy would I give anything for some bread right now!  How long do I plan to do this you ask?   I'm shooting for just 3-5 days only because I want to avoid loosing any noticeable amount of weight. The boyfriend is on his 5th day and will keep it up for 2 weeks.
Anyway, I filled my fridge with all kinds of goodies.  Take a peek below
Goodies I picked up at the grocery store to keep me nutrified

My fruit "bowl"

And of course, green juice!
And that wraps up Day 1.  I will keep you guys updated over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment