Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Man's Point of View: Sha Stimuli and Video


A few months ago, I came across this video by a rapper I had not heard of named Sha Stimuli and I loved it!  The video is cute and made me laugh because it was so true.  It gave a critical look at the way women are about their appearances without condemning.  I found it uplifting. 

 

Peep the video via the link:
 Sha Stimuli: Wake Up and Go

Sha Stimuli was also featured in Essence magazine this month.  Pick up your latest copy of Essence to read the full article in the "Sex and Love" section but here is just a blurb from what he had to say:
 "I want a woman to be able to look in the  mirror and be comfortable with who she is.  A woman who couldn't love herself as nature made her was not someone I could be with for the long haul"
He goes on to say, "I know what you're thinking: Men say they want a natural woman but then they turn their heads for the glamor girl.  I admit that men are visual creatures.  But the women men like to check out or fantasize about having sex with are different from the ones we commit to in a relationship"

I have to make one comment about that last statement.  I am a firm believer that you can be both.  Natural, confident AND glamorous.  You don't need fake hair, fake eyelashes, fake boobs and a fake butt to be glamorous.  I'm just saying...

Anyway, his is a refreshing point of view and I just thought I would share.


1 comment:

  1. The guy in this vid is frontin' just as much as the girl... he's guilty too... look at him rollin' up in his flashy Mercedes, wearing those $150 jeans and a gold watch, shaving his head cuz he's going bald; steups...

    ReplyDelete