Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Holidays, Celebrations, and Hair

Hello Naturalistas, it's been awhile.  It's been a busy busy holiday between working, and spending time with family, I've not had a lot of time to myself.  So here is a recap:

Dec. 21 was my birthday.  The weekend before I had a whirlwind weekend that included shopping with my mom, dinner and drinks with my sis, a housewarming party put on by one of my best friends and then a drive to Miami for some quality time with the bf.  My birthday fell on a Wed which meant I had to work, after which I went to dinner with the bf and watched X-Factor finale.  (Yes, I couldn't miss it!.. even on my bday).  I then finished the short work week and spent Christmas Eve with my family for our very first Christmas breakfast complete with some of my favorite Jamaican foods.  After I digested my food and watched my nephews open presents, I drove over 3 hours to spend Christmas with my bf and his family.  I returned today the 27th and have a few more days of work before the New Year's holiday for which I have no plans as yet so we'll see how it goes.  The end.  Pictures are below.
 My hair was an adventure. For my pre-birthday dinner with my sister, I did a chunky twistout.  My sis who's also a naturalista kept her hair in twists with a bun in the back and a side bang with the cutest bow headband.   Btw, she pulls this look off well.  Whenever I try hair accessories, I wind up looking like a 10 year old... no lie!

Checking out my chunky twist out in the mirror before going out

Out to a pre-birthday dinner with my sis

 For Christmas Eve, I didn't feel like undoing my twists so I started experimenting with a retro bang while and a polka dot headband... I didn't quite get it right but here's a picture:
Experimenting with a retro style for Christmas Eve... "I Love Lucy" anyone?
 So you guys have to forgive me.  I did take my twists down for Christmas Day but unfortunately I don't have pictures.  The below picture is of my hair the day AFTER Christmas when my twist-out basically turned into a shrunken 'fro aka NOT my intended hairstyle but since my hair has proven that it's the boss of me, I just had to roll with it. 
Lounging around doing nothing day after Christmas
 When I finally got tired of the shrunken fro that was gradually turning into a tangled tumbleweed mess, in a fit of rage and frustration I made some large twists and pinned them up.  This is how I wore my hair up to now.  Sigh...
After I surrendered to the pandemonium that was my hair back home after my whirlwind weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment