Friday, July 5, 2013

Havana Twists

I'm rockin Havana twists y'all!  This protective style is definitely popular for the summer especially among naturalistas because it uses Marley hair which blends in well with kinky curly hair.  I've seen a lot of ladies rocking this style including Solange and a few of my fellow natural hair bloggers and it looks absolutely amazing on them.  So I had my sister put them in for me today and I couldn't be happier.  I was expecting that maybe it would be a little bit heavy but they're not at all. It's a very cute and trendy style that will give me a break from dealing with my hair for a few weeks.  I'm not sure how long these are going to last but I'm hoping to be able to wear them for at least 3 weeks.  I'm going to try my best to make them last that long. 
So here is the low down: 
It took about 4 hours to install.  Also consider that it's  my sister's first time installing these so there's a bit of trial and error involved increasing the time it took. 
I used 3 packs of 1b hair plus a wee bit of a 4th pack.  The packs cost 5.99 each at my local beauty supply store.
I washed my hair thoroughly detangled and moisturized prior. 
I used Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie and Ecostyler gel during the install for moisturizing my hair and for hold. 
See photo below

No comments:

Post a Comment