Thursday, November 15, 2012

Back on the Juice

I'm back on my juicing game!  I took a hiatus from juicing for a few reasons.  But I"m back to it.  Unfortunately the the veggie juices I tried to make the past couple of times had a terrible aftertaste that was so bad I couldn't stomach it and threw it out.  That kind of threw me off and killed my inspiration to juice.  But I'm back to it.  Today I started a new cycle of regular juicing with a great recipe that actually tasted pretty decent with very minimal aftertaste.  Try my recipe:

1/2 cucumber
1 small apple or 1/2 large apple
2 medium sized carrots
3 medium sized strawberries

I ditched the usual lemon and ginger addition and realized I really didn't need it.  Nice and simple.  It made one full cup and I down the entire thing in a few gulps and I feel better for it!

Oh, I also high-tailed my butt to the gym, something I hadn't done in about a week.  Shame on me!  My Elliptical machine is down and out so I had to use the dreaded treadmill but it really wasn't that bad.  I was happy to just get my heart rate up.

No comments:

Post a Comment